pyLoad was developed to run on NAS, next-gen routers and headless home servers, whatever device able to connect to internet and supporting the Python programming language, so it's available for all kind of operating systems and a wide range of hardware platforms; you can even install on your PC or Mac if you want and control it entirely by web in the same way.
Its friendly Web User Interface allows full managing and easily remote access from anywhere!
All common video-sites, one-click-hosters, container formats and well known web standards are supported to allow you to download your files. Additionaly, pyLoad has a great variety of plugins to automate common tasks and make unattended running possible.
pyLoad has a fully featured and well documented Application Programming Interface, easily extendable and accessible by external tools, cross-platform apps or other softwares. Just take a look to the Development section for more info about that.
For news, wiki, forum and further info visit the pyLoad website: http://pyload.org/.
Or joining us at
Note: You need at least Python 2.5 or at most Python 2.7 to run pyLoad and its required software dependencies.
Python 3 and PyPy are not yet supported.
Pre-build packages are provided with all the software dependencies required to run pyLoad flawlessly on the referenced platform, Python included.
But you can even get the source code here and manually install the required packages afterwards. Please refer to the Dependencies section for more info about that.
Note: If you wanna use pyLoad on Windows, it's hightly recommented to install the latest official pre-build package for that platform.
- Pre-build packages: https://github.com/pyload/pyload/releases.
- Latest stable version (source code): https://github.com/pyload/pyload/archive/stable.zip.
- Latest development version (source code): https://github.com/pyload/pyload/archive/master.zip.
You can install any missing software package from the Python Package Index typing:
pip install <package-name>
- pycurl (python-curl)
Some extra features require additional software packages. See below:
- BeautifulSoup Few plugins support
- PIL (python-imaging) Captcha recognition
- colorlog Colored log
- bjoern (https://github.com/jonashaag/bjoern) More responsive web interface
- feedparser RSS parsing
node.js ClickNLoad and other plugins
- or ossp-js
- or pyv8
- or rhino
- or spidermonkey
- pyOpenSSL SSL support
- pycrypto RSDF/CCF/DLC decrypting
- simplejson JSON speedup
- tesseract Captcha OCR support
and follow the setup assistant instructions.
Note: If you have installed pyLoad by a package-manager, command
python pyload.pymight be equivalent to
If something go wrong, you can restart the setup assistant typing:
python pyload.py -s
Or you can even edit the configuration files located in your pyLoad home directory
%userprofile%/pyload on Windows or
~/.pyload otherwise) with your favorite editor.
For a short description of all the configuration options available visit: http://pyload.org/configuration.
Web User Interface
So, to retrieve it point your browser to the socket address configured by setup (default to
You can get a list of accepted arguments typing:
python pyload.py -h
Command Line Interface
python pyload-cli.py -l
You can get a list of accepted arguments typing:
python pyload-cli.py -h
- pyLoad roadmap: https://github.com/pyload/pyload/milestones.
- To report bugs, suggest features, ask for a question or help us out, visit: https://github.com/pyload/pyload/issues.
- To request the merge of your code in the pyLoad repository, open a new pull request here: https://github.com/pyload/pyload/pulls.
- Documentation about how extending pyLoad can be found at: http://docs.pyload.org.
The localization process take place on Crowdin: http://crowdin.net/project/pyload.
Send a tip for translators
If you want to explain a translatable string to make the translation process easier you can do that using comment block starting with
L10N:. For example:
python # L10N: Here the tip for translators # Thanks print _("A translatable string")
Translators will see:
L10N: Here the tip for translators Thanks
To update POT files type:
To automatically upload the updated POTs on Crowdin for the localization process just type:
paver upload_translations -k [api_key]
the API Key can be retrieved in the Settings panel of the project on Crowdin. This is allowed only to the administrators.
Retrieve PO files
Updated PO files can be automatically download from Crowdin typing:
paver download_translations -k [api_key]
This is allowed only to administrators, users can download the last version of the translations using the Crowdin web interface.
Compile PO files
MO files can be generated typing:
To compile a single file just use command
For example to compile a core.po file type:
msgfmt -o core.mo core.po
Please refer to the attached LICENSE.md for the extended license.
According to the terms of the pyLoad license, official plugins must be treated as an extension of the main program and released under the same license of pyLoad or a compatible one:
- Any plugin published without the __license__ attribute is implied published under the same license of pyLoad.
- Only plugins published with a compatible license will be accepted as official and included in the pyLoad repository.
- Un-official plugins are not supported, so any issue report or feature request regarding this kind of plugin will be rejected.
- Is recommended to put a shorten license notice only if nedfull to avoid misunderstandings about the adopted license.
- No cracking website or service
- No drugs website or service
- No e-commerce website or service
- No government website or service
- No illegal website or service in the country where its servers are located
- No pedopornography website or service
- No private website or service
- No racist website or service
- No warez website or service
- No weapon website or service
Please refer to the attached CREDITS.md for the extended credits.